Terms and Conditions
THE CHANGE A LIFE MAJORCA TOUR 2017
Change a Life sponsors fund the costs of the Cycle Tour and receive branding benefits in return. By observing these rules, we will ensure that our generous sponsors receive the full benefit they are due:
1. Only Change a Life branded clothing may be worn by the cyclists while cycling. Outside of cycling hours only branded clothing that does not conflict with Change a Life sponsors’ products or offerings may be worn.
2. Only equipment (helmets, sunglasses, gloves, pants) provided by the sponsors may be used by the cyclists.
3. All cyclists consent to the use of photographic or video material produced during the Cycle Tour for promotional purposes.
4. Cyclists may not display any items (written, branded) that conflict with the sponsors’ brands or which bring the Cycle Tour into disrepute.
5. Cyclists may not use offensive language or make inappropriate gestures that may bring the Cycle Tour into disrepute.
Safety & Security
The safety of cyclists who participate on the Cycle Tour is of paramount importance. For your safety, please observe these rules and recommendations:
1. Only registered cyclists may participate in the Cycle Tour. Cyclists participate in the Cycle Tour at their own risk.
2. Indemnity forms are to be signed by cyclists before the Cycle Tour on or before the day of departure.
3. All bicycle serial numbers are to be correct and visible.
4. The Cycle Tour will be postponed or rerouted only in the event of a breach of safety or for other reasons beyond the control of the organisers.
5. Your bicycle should be insured either by the nominated sponsor or your personal insurance.
6. Cyclists are to observe the rules of the road, including keeping as far left as possible, staying within the areas demarcated for the Cycle Tour and stopping at intersections when requested by traffic officers or marshals to do so; cyclists are to obey the instructions of traffic officers and marshals and provide marshals with information to identify themselves, if asked to do so.
7. Cyclists may not start the cycle route without their designated start group; they must meet at the designated rest areas at the end of each day and they may not ride in a reverse direction on the route, even after completing the race.
8. Cyclists may not participate in the Cycle Tour whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs that may impair their safety and/or that of their fellow cyclists.
9. Cyclists may not smoke during the Cycle Tour, except in designated smoking areas.
10. Cyclists are advised not to listen to personal music systems (iPod or cell phone) that may compromise their safety and/or that of their fellow cyclists.
11. Cyclists are requested to assist any riders who are involved in an accident during the Cycle Tour.
The organisers will communicate with cyclists via sms or email. It is the responsibility of cyclists to keep contact details updated.
1. Fees paid for entry to the Cycle Tour are not transferable and non-refundable.
2. For logistical purposes, cyclists may not be accompanied by guests, including spouses and other family members, for the duration of the event.